Here is our latest project. Apparently we are painting our room, new carpet, and finish work too! We decided while we were in the mood we better take advantage. The problem is we have to sleep on the mattress on the floor in the babies room. It is quite the journey for me to bend down, lay down, and get comfy. I may be spending a few nights at my in-laws just so I can get some sleep. I am so excited to see how our room turns out.
Here is one of the latest additions to the nursery- still need some ideas on how to decorate the shelf. Any suggestions? The blocks are just temporary!
The newest member of the nursery and probably the most comfortable- our recliner. I had been debating on a rocking chair, glider, or a recliner and after some serious research decided on the recliner.
Luke's sister Ali had her baby girl Hallie Jane on Novemeber 5th. She is so tiny and so precious! We were able to be her first visitors. We watched them do all the tests, her first bath, and then we finally got to hold her. I have to be honest I was feeling a lot of emotions because it made me so excited and so nervous all at the same time. It also made me a little sad because my due date with my first pregnancy was on November 8th. I was a little sad that day but it just made me all the more grateful for Baby Stewart in my belly! I can't wait for him to come and meet all of his cousins.
I think he looks like he will make a good daddy! Luke loves his nieces and nephews. He is so funny because he says "well all she does is lays there and sleeps". I didn't want to be rude but come on Lukie she was just a couple hours old! Boys- they just have a lot to learn. I am so excited for Luke to have his little son and to see him be a Dad. I think that everyone needs a daddy. There are just things that you learn from them that you can't learn from your Mom. My dad passed away just after my 13th birthday and to this day I just feel sort of jipped, it just always seems like someone is missing. I never want my kids to not have their Dad in thier lives. Just a side note......I know that I still have 3 months left- but I am SOOO excited to be a Mommy!!! I am hoping that with the Holidays just around the corner that time will go pretty fast from here. Don't get me wrong I am loving being pregnant and I love being with baby Stewart 24/7 but I just can't wait to meet this little guy!


10 comments:
I am so excited for you and Luke! I would be sleeping at the in-laws too!! I love the shelf.
Good choice on the recliner! That's exactly what we did with Kendra and it was the smartest thing we did...(too bad it took us til the 3rd kid to figure it out!) love you!
I am so excited!!! That post got me excited to be a Mommy all over again. I can't wait for our boys to meet each other!
Nice recliner. I like the white shelf too. That's what we are going to do in our baby's room and I have had the hardest time too figuring out how to decorate the top of it!
the recliner is a good idea-- trust me, you'll end up sleeping in it so it may as well be comfy! you're getting close!!
Hey Ali, you probably don't remember me but I am a friend of your mom's from SWA. I ran into your mom at Target just before Taycie was born and she gave me your blog. I frequent your blog because I think its so cute and I am so excited for you to be a mommy too! I have twins that are 3as of November 11th and they were hard to come by so I totally know the excitement your going through. Say hello to your mom for me and I will wait to see what things happen leading up to your special baby's birthday! Love Marci Burgon
I second the recliner decision...you'll thank yourself when you're up night after after with the new babe!
Hi Als!!! You are looking so cute and your nursery is too! We are so excited for you! Happy belly growing!!!
Love the baby's room Al! You two have been busy and you are going to LOVE your recliner during those wee hours! Loved seeing you and hope to see you at Christmas as well- Love you lots!
-Kel
Ali I love those "baby" blocks! I hope you are doing something with those in the nursery. Oh decorating the nursery I thought was the hardest part of getting ready for a baby. You want everything to be just perfect. Don't stress too much because it will all work out and be "the perfect nursery" for the little one. You look darling pregnant!
Post a Comment