As you all know at our house FALL= Hunting, which means that I am a fall WIDOW?! This weekend Luke went to Idaho from Saturday- Tuesday. I don't know about the rest of you but sometimes I just need a break. I arranged to go stay with my brother and his wife and their two little boys. I have been so stressed lately and I knew that my two little nephews were the perfect fix for me! It turned out to be a great relaxing weekend. I was able to tend the boys Friday night so they could go spend time with their friends and have a night on the town. It was so fun to have the boys all to myself. We colored, read stories, and sang songs. I love getting to spend the one on one time with the little fellas because they live so far away and I want them to know who their auntie Ali is. The greatest treat of all was when the Dal man was yelling AL...AL...AL from his crib. So Dal and I had sleepovers both nights. He was too funny because when he woke up he was just so surprised that he was in the big bed with me. The poor little Pistol man was so sick~ bless his heart. The poor guy couldn't sleep good and he just was wanting his mommy! Those little guys sure love their mommy.
Saturday morning we headed out to the park. While Yosh and Gaye played Volleyball I took the little guys to the park. Dal kept wanting me to go down all the slides and just be one of the kids. I kept telling him that I was too big and he would just smile at me and grab my hand and say "No...Cmon Al." As you can tell from the picture of Porter- he just wasn't feeling up to par but he was enjoying hanging out in the swing. Gaye took me shopping and around town and then that night Yosh's company bought tickets to the NHL Kings game so Yosh and Gaye and I were all able to attend. The boy's were both really sick so they thought it would be better for them to stay home. His boss gave us $80 bucks for treats at the game- (let's be honest...3 people can't blow 80 bucks on junk at a hockey game!) So you bet Yosh bought us Drinks, Red Vines, Nachos, etc.


1 comment:
Great Blog! My sister is a "Hunter's Widow" as well. They live in Logan and I don't see much chance that they will actually live anywhere further south of Idaho, where, apparently...the hunting is better! You should just grab a shotgun and go with him! Or play with your nephews, which sounds better to me...
Post a Comment